Our Standards lay ground for the premium quality of our coconut oil and continuosly raise the bar for improving our social and ecological impact. Standards represent the backbone of our company, precisely defining when something is done, how workflows are controlled, what to document and when reevaluation is carried out. This page shows some of the results.
Pure, virgin coconut oil
Pure coconut oil, nothing else. no pesticides, no additives , no heat.
Certified organic farming, License No. AT-BIO-401
Areas under our care have a content of 15-20% wilderness on the farmland itself. For cooperating farmers we are aiming for an agreement that guarantees 5-10%.
Wildlife sightings on the land are documented as well as possible over the course of time in order to learn more about Himapans impact on nature. Nevertheless, we don’t have the budget for an expensive team of professionals which would be necessary for scientic grade diversity census with evaluation.
Furthermore, we share our sightings with the citizen science community on iNaturalist. Feel free to have a look there.
Only best nuts
For our coconut oil, only the best nuts are used:
- Processing of fresh nuts within 48 hours.
Our oil is tested free of pesticides.
Our products and production line is vegan:
- Including picking and processing the nuts. Also, no animals are forced to labour for us.
- Of course, we make sure that our company matches highest hygienic standards. Therefore, pest monitoring is mandatory, also by national law and provides protection from diseases and biohazards. These standards include various unavoidable insects traps. Where possible we avoided killing traps and replaced them with live traps. If you have further question concerning that, please contact us.
- Packaging, including the glue for the labels is animal-free.
No Chemicals in our company
No chemicals are used in our company. In the food processing area, desinfectants based on alcohol are used. We keep our company clean with vinegar and natural cleaning products made of recycled plant oils.
Himapan is located in a passive house powered with green energy. Also, our site in austria features 10% wilderness on company ground as well.
100% recycled paper
We prefer paperless but if we have to, we buy only recycled paper including product labels, paper sheets, kitchen paper, even for papers the bathroom.
Fair salary distribution
Workers or executives can not earn more than double the net salary of the smallest entry salary per year.
Contribution to local economy
Instead of doing contract production exploiting poverty and low social standards in eastern europe, we do it locally in Vienna.
The jars for our coconut oil are not imported with low costs from countries where human rights and environment are neglected, but are quality made in Bavaria:
- No plastic used, only natural rubber made of renewable resources.
- Halve the amount of metal in our jars, only 25% in the large ones. How helps that? In most cases Metals come from mines with dangerous working conditions caused by aged equipment to save profit. These mines have a huge environmental impact. For more information just search for “2015 iron mine accident in Brazil” where nearly the complete ecosystem of Brazils fifth biggest river has been annihilated and dozens of people have been killed. Also, the large sums of money generated in these mines flow to shady business organisations with tight political connections.
We respect the free will of customers and suppliers. For example, no manipulation with prices that suggest the product to be cheaper than it is, for example 9,90 instead of 10. If the customer is looking for something we can not offer, we inform and also recommend competitors.
We improved our accessibility and are especially prepared for deaf and blind customers.
When shipping products, we eliminated plastics nearly completely. Fillers are made of renewable natural ressources and the tape is made of paper.
Contributing to civil society
We support Foodcoops und exchange communities.
Request More Information
For more information, fill in and submit the following form. You can write in any message you'd like, and put a tick in the checkboxes provided for your convenience.